As the activities of the Melbourne Amma Centre (Melbourne Ashram) have expanded, we have undertaken a major redevelopment program including the building of a large meditation and program hall, residential cabins, a kitchen/servery with dining facilities and expanded car parking.
The activities are planned to expand to include a range of new programs such as:
- Weekend Yoga and Meditation Retreats
- Large scale events and programs including weddings and cultural functions
- Homa and Puja sacred ceremonies
- Interfaith gatherings
- Community skills building workshop and social events
The centre offers a beautiful and serene location for various cultural and spiritual programs. The additional facilities will better support residential programs for those attracted to Amma’s teachings so that local, interstate and overseas visitors will be able to partake in healthy and conscious living practices in tranquil surroundings.
This development is a major step towards building a centre that will help promote Amma’s vision for a more loving and caring society based on spiritual and cultural activities.
How you can help
As we proceed with the various expanded activities in Melbourne, we remain much in need for both financial and non-financial assistance from devotees and volunteers. Any assistance that you can offer will be most helpful for future works and the ongoing maintenance of these facilities.
You can help in several ways:
Non-Financial Assistance and Volunteer of Services
If you would like to donate your services or any building materials, please contact the manager, Mani Kalimuthu (0425 114447). Please see the Melbourne newsletter for further information of seva days.
If you have fund-raising ideas, or would like to volunteer your services, please contact Nava Subramaniam (0415 966375). Some suggested activities include home satsang/fund-raiser dinners; cultural / musical show organisation; cookery classes, and garage sales. All ideas and suggestions are most welcome. Please email them to email@example.com.
Direct Financial Assistance:
You may elect to provide direct financial assistance by choosing
- A one off donation;
- A periodic pledge (e.g. monthly, quarterly, etc) or
- Individual sponsorship
To make a donation, you may pay:
- On-line: Donations can be made by credit card (Mastercard or Visa only) through the web site https://www.ammaapps.org.au/apps/donation/donation.aspx Remember to choose “Melbourne Ashram Development Fund” from the pull down menu.
Our donation system can only handle one off donations. If you would like to set up periodic donations please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the banking details and requirements.
- Direct Debit: Please send an email to email@example.com requesting the banking details and requirements.
- By mail: Cheques/Money Orders made payable to: M.A. Centre (Aust) Foundation – Melbourne Ashram Development Fund and send to: 842 Frankston Dandenong Rd, Carrum Downs, VIC 3201.